"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." John 14:26

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We are beginning Joel and Revelation

Locusts
feeding
swarming

a woman and a swarm of locusts


a little boy and swarming locusts


Looking at those pictures makes me think that the flies in Ontario are NO BIG DEAL!!! LOL This morning I was reading my Bible and I noticed that our reading for today was the book of Joel and the first few chapters of Revelation. These books are a little more challenging. And I wanted to give you some help so you don't miss out on the amazing treasures that are there for you. Chuck Smith's commentary on the book of Joel has some really helpful information. And David Guzik's commentary on Revelation 1 is also really good. I would encourage you to use a commentary like the Believer's Commentary or the Blue Letter Bible online to look up the verses that you want a better understanding of.

You can also listen to Dustin's teachings on the book of Joel. If you go to our church website, click on "Recent Messages" and scroll down the list all the way to the bottom. You will see two teachings from Dustin, the first one is called "Listen and Obey" and the second one is called "The Day of the Lord." I wish Pastor David's Revelation series was online, but you can order CD's from the bookstore. It is very good.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your readings this week. I can't wait until Sunday, to hear what the Lord is speaking to you. If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me and I can help you.
Love ya : )